Murray & Roberts offers bursaries for top South African achievers who desire to be part of a world class organization with a global presence.
Bursaries are available for students studying towards a BSc, B Eng or B Tech qualifications in the fields of Engineering (civil; mechanical; industrial; electrical and mining), Quantity Surveying and Building/Construction Management.
Regrettably no first year bursaries are available for 2016.
Murray & Roberts is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
What does the bursary cover?
|Successful applicants enter into a bursary loan agreement with Murray & Roberts.
The benefits while studying full time include the following:
- The company pays to the institution concerned, an amount of money equal to the annual registration fees, costs of tuition & examination fees.
- The company pays for all prescribed books.
- The company pays for university provided (residential) accommodation and food or the student may receive an equivalent monthly allowance to assist with his/her living expenses and this must be utilised to cover accommodation, food and traveling expenses.
How will my progress be monitored?
|Bursaries are reviewed after each examination based on the student's academic performance and renewed annually. All bursaries are granted on merit but preference is given to black (Africans, Coloureds and Indian) applicants.
A Group Bursary Co-ordinator has been appointed to provide much needed support to our bursars. Our current graduate network is also available to the bursars for support.
What happens after graduation?
|After graduation, the student will be required to work one year for every year of studies paid for by the company (including any suspension period).
In-Service training periods are excluded from this period. The service obligation period will commence after successful completion of studies/after graduation.
|To qualify for a Bursary the student must:
- Be a South African citizen or permanent resident;
- be studying full-time towards a relevant degree and at a recognised South African university that is acceptable to Murray & Roberts;
- able to provide proof of his/her current academic results and be in possession of a grade 12 exemption certificate with Maths and Science;
- be accepted by the chosen university or university of technology for the specific course;
- Students must maintain a minimum of 65% aggregate to be considered.
Click here to learn more.
Thank you for your interest in Murray & Roberts.
Since the latter half of 2015, we have been advising you to apply online for Bursaries, In-service Training and Graduate Employment opportunities.
As of April 2016, we have taken a strategic decision to end our online application process. This decision has been taken due to the down turn of the global economic climate, which has had a significant impact on the Construction industry. We have, therefore, regrettably had to readjust our awarding strategy.
Going forward the selection panel will be dealing directly with Universities to select eligible students for our student and graduate programmes.
We wish you well in your endeavours.
For any queries, please contact Client Service on 011 456 1144 or email: email@example.com